Searching for the next Executive Director
To apply, please email email@example.com
Every summer since 1935, Christians have gathered on the shores of Lake Okoboji in Iowa to worship, pray, learn from God's word, and build relationships across families, generations, and church traditions. Today, Okoboji Bible Conference Ministries (OBC Ministries) carries on this tradition by hosting a conference each August and several year-round ministries on its campus in Arnolds Park, all intended, in the words of our vision statement, to grow "Christians to live out the transforming power of Christ's love."
The Executive Director is the key leader of OBC Ministries, overseeing the vision, administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. This full-time, salaried position reports directly to the Board of Directors. The general responsibilities of the position include:
- Planning and executing the Conference: This is the Executive Director's top priority, with the Leadership Team, other potential advisory groups, and office staff assisting.
- Strategic direction: Working with the Board of Directors on discerning, articulating, and stewarding the overall strategic direction of OBC Ministries, including both the Conference, and the year-round ministry.
- Resources / fundraising: The Executive Director will work to cultivate strong relationships with donors and secure resources needed for OBC Ministries.
- Staff management: The Executive Director is ultimately responsible for all campus and Conference operation; many operations will be carried out through the work of paid and volunteer staff.
- Community engagement: The Executive Director will build relationships in the Lakes region in support of both the Conference and year-round ministry.
- Platform presence: The Executive Director will be a visible leader for OBC Ministries, including a regular platform presence during the Conference. Beyond the capacity to excel in carrying out the essential duties listed above, we would expect the Executive Director to live in the Lakes region year-round. The Executive Director does not need to be an ordained pastor but would need to affirm the Apostles' Creed while appreciating the varied streams of faith within orthodox Christianity.
This position will remain open until filled; start dates are flexible.