Post Conference Updates E-Mail
Okoboji Bible Conference Friends,
It was three weeks ago today that we closed out Conference 2020. What a week it was! It is much quieter here on campus these days and I miss the energy and spirit of Conference week. I am sure that life has moved back into typical end of summer/early fall routines. The routines likely feel familiar and yet so different in our current reality. I pray that we all keep seeing with Eyes of Faith.
I have bulleted below information, updates and prayer points. As always, please be in touch with our office with any questions.
- Watch Conferece Online The two Morning Communities that were not livestreamed, but recorded, are now available to be watched on our Youtube channel. All the morning and evening Tabernacle sessions can also be found HERE. They are put together in groups so that you can watch them in order. Re-live the worship and messages of Conference over again!
- COVID 19 Update To date we have not been made aware of anyone who was Covid 19 positive and asymptomatic during Conference. If you, or a family member, tested positive for Covid-19 shortly after Conference we would want to know. Please do be in contact. We thank God that so far we have not been the source of community spread. Thanks for your continued prayers.
- Financial Update During Conference I reported that we needed $50,000 to cover our Conference expenses. You responded and in the final two days of Conference almost $60,000 of income of received. Over $15,000 more was mailed in soon after Conference.Thank you for helping to cover Conference specific expenses! The close of our fiscal year is September 30. In order to meet our fiscal year expenses for the entire year we will need to bring in $45,000. It is a great goal to meet expenses in a year that has been unpredictable. However, I want to challenge us to, with Eyes of Faith, Imagine More! To meet our budgeted giving amount for this fical year $85,000 is needed. A surplus beyond expenses would springboard us into a strong financial position to start a new fiscal year. Would you like to give toward that goal now? You can do so online HERE or through Venmo by searching Okoboji Bible Conference Ministries. An end of the fiscal year letter will be mailed to you in the next couple weeks. Please pray and consider at what capacity you can participate.
- Pastor’s Day A year round ministry vision we have is becoming a place of healing and renewal for pastors, missionaries and ministry leaders. Our 2020 Pastors Day is scheduled for Tuesday, September 29th. Available counseling and prayer ministry will be in place all week from our speakers, Cory and Amy Stout. Please share with your pastor THIS invitation.
- Prayer Points Please pray that Pastors Day on September 29th, and the rest of that week, will be a day of refreshment for those who attend. The Middle School building across the street from campus will have a new owner on September 1st. Please pray specifically for continued use of that building during Conference week for generations to come. International Students working in Okoboji are beginning to head home. Three students gave their lives to Jesus this summer that we are aware of. Pray for them as they return home to be discipled and find a community of faith. Our Leadership Team meets on September 11th to continue Conference 2021 planning. Please pray for us.
I pray that in this new season you find hope, joy and peace in Jesus. Lord willing Conference 2021 will begin next year on Saturday July 31. Save the Date in your calendars and consider inviting a friend. THIS video recap of Conference will give them a taste of what Conference is all about.
Jon Pausley, Executive Director